Position Purpose: To further the mission of Norfolk Christian Summer Camp through the management of the daily summer program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead campers with enthusiasm, passion, integrity, gratitude, kindness, perseverance, self-control and impart wisdom about camp’s theme or topic.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the campers including their delivery in a safe, quality and fun manner.
- Assist in recruitment staff assistants based on camper enrollment. Train and supervise staff to ensure highest quality of camp is being offered.
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer day camp including camper daily arrivals and departures, daily activities, field trips, lunch and snack breaks (if applicable), and camper and staff supervision.
- Work collaboratively with Outreach Department to ensure the enhancement of the camp operations for current summer and future summer camps.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, and physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.